Welcome to Episode 3 of the Whispers from the Void podcast. In this episode, we continue our discussion with Art Eaton about the Star Frontiers computer game he is working on and continue the choose your own adventure story begun in our last episode. Finally a bit of community news having to do with some on-line games. Enjoy the show.
Links from the show:
- Art’s Star Frontiers Game – This is the forum discussing the Star Frontiers star ship and RPG game Art is working on. Download it and try it out.
- The Orbiter Space Simulator – A realistic spaceflight simulator originally developed to simulate the Space Shuttle.
- The Star Frontiers Orbiter Add-on – A plugin for the Orbiter simulator that incorporates the Star Frontiers theme, including the addition of an Assault Scout. (this is a direct download link and the file is 165 MB).
- Choose your own adventure segment for this episode – Here you will find the text of this episode’s segment and the poll to cast your vote.
- Wing Commander game – Come join the elite Star Fighter Corps
- Live Play (OpenRPG) thread- The discussion thread on the StarFrontiers.us site discussing plans and ideas for starting up a regular live play session.
00:00 – Intro
00:20 – Interview with Art continued
00:22 – Star Frontiers and Orbiter
01:25 – A bit of Tom’s background
02:22 – Knight Hawks Vector computer game evolution and status
05:15 – Discussion of the RPG portion of the computer game
12:46 – Choose your own Adventure segment
14:27 – Community News
15:36 – end transmission